Viewing Options

Home / Tenant & Customer Area / Repairs / Carrying out your repair

Carrying out your repair

Who will carry out my repair?

Fife July 2015 925Your repair will usually be carried out by tradespeople from Fife Housing Group’s Maintenance Department. Occasionally we may send a tradesperson from our approved list of contractors. All of these contractors have been fully evaluated by us and their work is checked on a regular basis to make sure it meets our standards. In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with the quality of your repair, it is essential that you contact us as soon as possible.

How long will I have to wait to have my repair done?

The length of time you have to wait depends on the type of repair you have reported, particularly if it is an emergency which could affect your health and safety.

See Types of repair

Do you check the quality of work after the repair has been done?

Our Housing and Maintenance Officers carry out inspections after the repair is complete to check the quality of work and to check whether you, the tenant, are happy with the service. This information is used to make sure we can constantly improve our repairs service.

What about repairs in new build homes?

In newly-built or improved flats or houses, the builder is responsible for any defects in the first year. Any repairs should be reported to us as normal. It is important that you do not bring in any tradespeople to carry out the work without our permission, as this could affect the builder’s guarantee. We also do not advise painting your walls in the first year while the plaster is drying out.