Viewing Options

Home / Tenant & Customer Area / Welfare Advice

Welfare Advice

Claiming benefitsP1010702

Around one third of our tenants currently claim benefits. This includes Housing Benefit which is usually paid directly to your landlord by Fife Council. This will cover either all or part of your monthly rent. There are substantial changes in the way that welfare is being paid. From the end of this year, claimants in Fife will receive one monthly Universal Credit payment, to include all benefits they receive including Housing Benefit.

Claimants who live in homes which have one or more spare bedrooms may receive a reduced amount of Housing Benefit payment or the equivalent payment for Universal Credit. This is known as the Spare Room Subsidy or’ bedroom tax.’