Welcome to our latest round-up of information and advice which you may find useful during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Although our office is still closed to the public, we remain fully contactable on 08000 274 007 and via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that our text number changed to 07520 632 740 on Monday 6 April.
As lockdown restrictions start to ease, we are beginning to reintroduce previously suspended services – you can find more details regarding this here.
To support our ambitions for growth and meet the aspirations held by the Group, we are currently recruiting a Joiner for our flagship Planned Maintenance Team. Submit an application by 12noon on Friday 26 June for your chance to join the Best Housing Organisation to work for in Scotland. Find out more and download an application pack here.
‘Reach for a rainbow’ – Results
A big ‘thank you’ to everyone who got involved and brightened up our Facebook page with their entries for our ‘Reach for a rainbow’ competition.
We had lots of beautiful pictures submitted, which made it really difficult for our judges, but, you can see the winners they eventually chose for each category below.
|Children - First place||Second place||Third place|
Annabelle (Aged 8)
Bethany (Aged 6)
Katelyn (Aged 7)
|Young people - First place||Second place|
Lilly (Aged 3) and Billy (Aged 13)
Alyssa (Aged 12)
|Adult - First place|
Congratulations to all of our very talented winners – we’ll be contacting you all soon to arrange delivery of your gift vouchers!
Garden Competition 2020
‘Clear your head’ campaign
As lockdown begins to ease you may find yourself feeling worried about going outside again, but, if you find this is the case, there are a few simple steps you can take which might help you to feel calmer:
- Breathing exercises – if you’re feeling overwhelmed take a number of slow deep breaths, and focus on something static
- Stay healthy – keep a good routine with healthy meals and get plenty of sleep. Limiting alcohol and caffeine can also help reduce stress and anxiety
- Talk to others – connect with friends, family and neighbours to share how you’re feeling
- Be kind – acts of kindness are known to have positive effects on our mental well-being
- Look out for each other – even though we’re staying apart, smiling and saying hello when out of your home could give you, and people around you, a lift
You can find more tips like this, as well as other sources of help and advice, on the campaign website – clearyourhead.scot
Our last update, containing guidance for tenants whose income has been affected by Coronavirus, an update on home exchanges and details of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service’s #MakeTheCall campaign, can be found here.
You can also check out a list of frequently asked questions regarding the impact of Coronavirus here.