The health and safety of our tenants, other customers, contractors and colleagues is paramount during the current COVID-19 pandemic and we are committed to following the guidance issued by the Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland.
Our colleagues and contractors are fully aware of their responsibilities and are taking all possible precautions to safeguard themselves, tenants and others against the risk of infection.
As lockdown restrictions start to ease, we will begin reintroducing suspended services and will post any further updates here, so please check back regularly.
Please find our latest updates below:
Monday 29 June
- Our Operations Team will begin undertaking non-emergency and routine repairs. When attending to undertake these repairs, our operatives will wear the appropriate personal protective equipment and ask you to wait in another room while they work, to help prevent any spread of the virus. If you are shielding, self-isolating or have been diagnosed with Coronavirus please make us aware of this asap.
- Home visits will now be undertaken with appropriate social distancing measures observed.
- Garage viewings and sign-ups are scheduled to restart.
- Although our office is still closed to the public, we have begun planning for a phased return of colleagues and are hopeful that it may be possible to implement this during the next stage of Scottish Government’s route map. In the meantime, these colleagues continue to work from home and remain fully contactable on 08000 274 007 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 24 June
- Allocations – As restrictions on moving house have now been relaxed, we have started to match our vacant properties with applicants on the Fife Housing Register with a view to recommencing the full allocations process.
- Planned Maintenance Programme – External works have already restarted with roofing and render works at Ochilview and we have begun contacting tenants scheduled to have a new bathroom or kitchen installed to make appropriate arrangements for these works to recommence.
- Gas safety inspections – We would now expect to receive full access to conduct annual gas safety and electrical checks to ensure the safety of your home unless you are shielding, self-isolating or have been diagnosed with Coronavirus.
Wednesday 15 April
- Continental Landscapes have re-commenced all of the grounds maintenance detailed in their previously agreed schedule of work. Areas currently included in this contract will either have the required works completed during April, in line with the schedule, or will soon benefit from this work being undertaken. Full risk assessments and comprehensive health and safety checks were conducted prior to this work re-starting.
We greatly appreciate your support and patience as we work towards a new normal and continue to urge you to stay safe and take particular care around vulnerable individuals.
We have also compiled a list of answers to some of the other questions that we’re being asked, which you can find here.